Re: A Few Random Questions about the Spec

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 00:30:04 PST
To: yarong@microsoft.com
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
I don't get it, Yaron.

If all of the attributes are optional and you can make more or ignore
them all and do your own, then what's standard about them?

If you want an 'optional standard attribute set' then use one that
someone else spent more time on than we're likely to.

You seem to be saying that we can ignore other people's requirements
for metadata because they're free to ignore what we do, which doesn't
make sense.

Larry