From: Ian Dobson <ian@xopen.co.uk>
Subject: (XoTGhiway 130) Sept Hiway WG meeting: Management Summary
To: OGTechMan@xopen.co.uk, XoTGhiway@xopen.co.uk
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 96 17:45:08 BST
Comments: (XoTGhiway 130,OGTechMan 10383)

Here is the Management Summary for the  Superhighway Working Group
meeting which took place during the Customer Councils meeting in
Washington during week commencing 9 September.

[...]

   + Transactionality over the Web
     The paper on long-term transaction scenarios involving multiple
     servers accessed over the Web is being further extended to include
     effects of other (loosely-coupled) transactions over lengthy
     natural breaks in time, and use of transaction agents.

     ANSI have now proposed long-running transactions on the Web as a
     new work item in ISO, so it was agreed we should monitor its
     progress up to the next ISO meeting (Paris, 11-23 November).

--------

Dan