RE: Seiwald Q & A -- "GET for EDIT" cookies

Sorry I should have been more clear. Please refer to my requirements
sheet (the relevant section of which I have included below).
				Yaron
1.7 Link
Links are needed for a variety of reasons including associating the
pre-processed and processed versions of files and establishing shadow
directories. Links are especially important in finding the 'source'
version of a file. In some cases, such as an HTML file with Server Side
Includes, the relationship between the source and presentation files is
straight forward. However there are other cases, such as in computer
programs which have an executable, one or more object files, and then
source code files, where the chain between first document and final
presentation contains many links. Rather than trying to hack a "GET for
Edit" solution, links allow us to gracefully solve the document
relationship problem.
The variety of values one would want to associate with a link are
numerous and argue that links should be made into first class objects. A
tag would be added to the HTTP header of an entity indicating the URLs
of any associated links. The format of a link URL should be equal to the
URL of the requested entity with appropriate tags, indicating link type,
appended to the end. The client would then request the links using a
normal GET. The bodies of the replies would contain whatever information
was relevant to the link.
In order to ease administration it is also possible that each linked
entity will have a special link URL associated with it that will act as
a directory to all the links attached to this entity.
A PUT with appropriate tags should be used to associate a link body with
one or more URLs. Note that there is no restriction on the number of
files to which a link URL may be attached.