RE: More scenarios for authoring

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 12:55:35 -0700
To: "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, "'Judith Slein'" <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
[Re: Going beyond versioning to repository services]

Absolutely! The inclusion of things useful for repository in section 1 of
my document was no accident. Besides working with VSS I also work with
repository. I stole the idea of Links as first class objects from them. The
work they are doing has had a big impression on me and I am convinced that
the future of versioning will be in a wider repository framework. This all
having been said I did restrict myself from going wild when I wrote up the
requirements. My requirements sheet listed what MS needs now, not what we
are likely to need in the future. If I had done that the document would
have been much longer. =)

					Yaron