Re: File URIs, home and relative paths

On 12/06/2016 5:57 AM, "Jason Dusek" <jason.dusek@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is strange to me that the draft neither provides for home and the
present directory semantics, nor clearly speaks to the issue (in a section
titled "Special Paths in UNIX and File URLs" or something similar). Perhaps
it would inspire future work in this area.

> Kind Regards,
>   Jason Dusek

In URI space current directory references are achieved using relative
references. "./foo/bar" is a valid relative reference, which can be
resolved against a base URI that represents $PWD.

User home directory and tilde expansion both, AFAIK, come from the shell,
not the file system. I could add a warning that a relative reference that
starts with "~/" (or "~username/") won't resolve against a base URI the
same way bash would resolve an equivalent path; but since no other URI
scheme special handles '~' is anyone going to find this valuable?

Cheers