Re: math: URI scheme and protocol handler

Please clarify the requirements. Math expressions can already be expressed
in a hypothetical markup language like this.

<math-expression  href="http://...."/>

Or:

<math-expression href="data:..."/>

The role of the URI scheme is not to convey the semantics or data type of
the resource but rather to supply information on the network location of
the resource.

So I am skeptical that this URI scheme is needed. If we went down this path
then we would need a URI scheme for images, zip files, documents, movies
and so forth.