Re: reviving the file URI scheme

On Friday, December 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> They are written in pseudo-code written in English (at least this one).
>
> This might be very useful for people writing implementation code, but
> it's not so helpful for people *using* the feature (like authoring file
> URIs), or people trying to understand why something works the way it works.

If one is looking for developer documentation, then MDN or webplatform.org might be more appropriate that looking at a spec.

However, if a spec doesn’t answer “why” something works in some particular way, then that’s bug in the spec (certainly not a feature of it!).

Anyway, this is really a discussion for spec-prod@w3.org, not the URI list.

My point was that the WHATWG’s url spec already standardizes file://, so I’m trying to understand if there is need for the RCF also? or if the two can be somehow merged so we don’t end up with duplicate specs.