Re: URI ACR extension

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 14:48:18 -0800 (PST)
To: "sune.jakobsson@telenor.com" <sune.jakobsson@telenor.com>, "uri@w3.org" <uri@w3.org>
Cc: "Kevin.Smith@vodafone.com" <Kevin.Smith@vodafone.com>
Hi Sune,

I have a suggestion for the default parameter ...  This should not be null, since then you'll have every data miner east of the Moon trying to hack your scheme.  Rather I suggest http://purl.org/pii/terms/#alpha  (HTML) or http://purl.org/pii/terms/alpha (RDF)  or make up your own URL to oblivion.  It won't stop miscreants, but it will slow down robots nicely.

--Gannon