Re: TTLs for templates

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:53:25 +1100
Cc: "uri@w3.org" <uri@w3.org>
To: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk@cloudmark.com>
If I were doing this, I'd rely on the cacheability of the response to the well-known URI; the server is effectively making a guarantee that the template is good for that period of time.

When defining a well-known URI, you might want to consider defining a "default" freshness lifetime as a heuristic -- i.e., one that only takes effect if the server doesn't set explicit freshness.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/