Re: TTLs for templates

If I were doing this, I'd rely on the cacheability of the response to the well-known URI; the server is effectively making a guarantee that the template is good for that period of time.

When defining a well-known URI, you might want to consider defining a "default" freshness lifetime as a heuristic -- i.e., one that only takes effect if the server doesn't set explicit freshness.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/