Re: URIs for media types

* Erik Wilde wrote:
>it seems that in various places, people tried to have URIs for IANA
>media types and since there are none, and the registry's HTML does not
>provide individual web pages for each type, they either give up, or
>create proxies (such as http://purl.org/NET/mediatypes) with
>questionable authority and unknown update procedures. i think there
>would be quite some value to associate every IANA registered media type
>with an IANA-hosted URI, which might be as simple as containing the link
>to the registration request (in the same way as the current lists). i'd
>be willing to write an RFC for that, but it only would make sense if the
>IANA then would actually change the current registry to server useful
>documents at these URIs. does anybody have any idea how something like
>this could be accomplished?

You should http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#uriMediaType-9 have a
look at previous efforts in this area. If you ask, I think the registry
should go back to have all the entries in one document and then you can
easily use #example/example fragment identifiers for your purposes. As
for useful information, who would be creating those useful documents?