Re: FWD: I-D Action: draft-yevstifeyev-ftp-uri-scheme-05.txt

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:59:23 +0300
To: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
CC: Apps-discuss list <apps-discuss@ietf.org>, "uri-review@ietf.org" <uri-review@ietf.org>, URI <uri@w3.org>, "ftpext@ietf.org" <ftpext@ietf.org>, register@uri.arpa, "public-iri@w3.org" <public-iri@w3.org>
31.07.2011 11:38, John Cowan wrote:
> Mykyta Yevstifeyev scripsit:
>
>> Sorry for cross-posting to 6 addresses :-); please send
>> all your comments to apps-discuss@ietf.org.  Note to
>> public-iri subscribers: please have a look at Section
>> 6.  Note to register@uri.arpa subscribers: please comment
>> Appendix A of the document.  (The link to HTML version:
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yevstifeyev-ftp-uri-scheme.)
> It's inappropriate to say that the client SHALL request a password
> from the user if none is supplied and the server demands one (and
> likewise for accounts).  The client must be free to fail under such
> circumstances, as it may be a robot or otherwise not have a user
> available.  Likewise with SHALL notify the user, etc.  These should be
> changed to MAYs or SHOULDs.

I think such occurrences of SHALL will be replaced with SHOULD or
non-normative "should".  (I don't think 'ftp' URIs will be used with
applications that have no UI; so I don't see reasons to assume they will
be used in such way.  But, anyway, your comment regarding SHALL is
reasonable).

> Editorial notes:  Lots of people don't know what "ibidem" means, or even
> its standard abbreviation "ibid".  I suggest changing the first instance
> to "in RFC 959", the second instance to "below", and the third instance
> to "in the<cwd>".

I'll make the following corrections: 1st instance - "in RFC 959" (as
currently), 2nd one - "in the same document", 3rd one (I guess this is
regarding ASCII) - "in RFC 959".

> Note error "internalization" for "internationalization", "internalized"
> for "internationalized", etc.

Fixed now.

> Note persistent typo "exmaple.com" for "example.com".

ACK.  Thanks for reading the document.  Mykyta