Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-05.txt

Hi Roy,

Haven't got the time yet to update the js implementation, but wanted to
already give some feedback on a first read...

[general]
It surely gives a simplified and more natural first impression then
previous iteration.  But I should probably get into the implementation
details before re-asserting that.

[section 1.2]
* The Level 2 examples already use {x}, so I guess you should add it in
the section of defined variables:   x := "1024"

* The Level 3 examples contain a glitch I think:
{+path,x}/here   should expand to /foo/bar1024/here
                           and not /foo/bar/1024/here

* The Level 4 examples all expand {keys} to a bigger structural content
then provided in the variable-definition section

I suppose it should be keys := [("semi", ";"),("dot","."),("comma","'")]
(comma is not in the definition, but it is in all expansions)

[section 3.2.4]
* samples are not using the .-dot-prefix label expansion, but the simple
string expansion

[section 3.2.5]
* similar: samples are not using the /-slash-prefix path expansion

And one comment of a less serious nature:

[section 1]
*  somehow
   http://example.com/search?q=chien&lang=fr
makes more sense then
   http://example.com/search?q=dog&lang=fr

Anyway, I hope the other comments are more useful, and I hope to get
back soon with feedback from my updated js-implementation.

regards,
-marc=