Re: [apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-yevstifeyev-ftp-uri-scheme-04.txt

From: Frank Ellermann <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 12:58:09 +0200
To: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>
Cc: URI <uri@w3.org>, Apps-discuss list <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
On 9 July 2011 05:34, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:

Skipping the i18n and security considerations until I see
a new I-D one quick addition:

>> an unencoded "#" starts the fragment and is interpreted
>> (or ignored) by clients depending on the document.
[...]
> This will also be included in the draft.

Thanks.  My comment almost missed the point, the fragment
depends on the document <add> type, it does not depend on
the URI scheme </add>.  In the times of "hashbang URIs" it
might be necessary to be as clear as possible about this:

Fragments are one of the subtle differences between STD 66
and its predecessors (incl. RFC 1738).

For my privacy concerns pick something that does not upset
John or SM -- I'm almost sure that we want the same thing
from different points of view (server admin vs. FTP user,
with "popular" browsers hiding or not offering any choice).