Re: [apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-yevstifeyev-ftp-uri-scheme-04.txt

--On Friday, July 08, 2011 19:37 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 July 2011 16:54, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
>
>>> draft-yevstifeyev-ftp-uri-scheme-04.txt
> The anonymous:mail construct is also not more state of the art
> for privacy reasons, unless it is a mail address in TLD invalid
> or similar.

Disagree.  If I'm an FTP repository provider, I can ask you to
give up your email address in return for service if I want to.
Whether I trust the address you give me is another matter, but
that isn't a privacy issue.

I've already expressed my concerns about a number of other
components of this scheme.

    john