Re: A question about draft-ietf-uri-url-finger

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 22:49:03 -0400
To: "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Cc: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <evnikita2@gmail.com>, URI <uri@w3.org>, Paul Hoffman <phoffman@imc.org>
"Martin J. Dürst" scripsit:

> I have cc'ed the author of the document, because I don't think he is
> on this list anymore.

It's worth noting, I think, that gopher URLs support the finger
protocol as well: gopher://ccil.org:79/0cowan is equivalent to
finger://ccil.org/cowan.

(You can get support for Gopher in modern web browsers at
http://gopher.floodgap.com/overbite .)

--
Is not a patron, my Lord [Chesterfield],        John Cowan
one who looks with unconcern on a man           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan