is it possible to handle an XML/HTML elements attribute via the URI?

From: Matthew Millar <mattmill30@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:21:58 +0100
To: <uri@w3.org>

Hi,

I'm wondering whether its possible to handle a page element, via the URI?

I'd like to handle an elements attribute, based on its ID.

Like an expansion of the #ID URI feature.

I'm hoping for something like:

http://domain/page.html#ID[dir]="ltr"

In the example above, i would want to add the "dir" attribute, with a value of "ltr", to the element whose id is "ID"

If its not currently possible, could it be considered for a future standard, or an extension to the current URI standard.

Thanks,

Matthew Millar