Re: non-HTTP URIs in HTTP requests

hello.

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I still think it's
> unlikely that, per httpRange-14 resolution, 200 responses will be
> appropriate for geo-scheme URIs.

so you're interpretation of
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/httpRange-14/2007-05-31/HttpRange-14 is
that it applies to any URI? the title "Dereferencing HTTP URIs" to me
suggests it doesn't, and it's mostly a document for the semweb world
where people wanted to have a well-defined way of how to use HTTP URIs
for ease of implementation, without sacrificing the guarantee that
everything can be accessed via HTTP. my view of that document is that it
only applies to HTTP URIs, but i don't think it clearly says what it is
about.

cheers,

dret.