Re: fb: URIs?

From: "Gannon Dick" <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 2:46 PM
> If what Dan is pointing out is correct, then the US Library of Congress
> "Handle Server" (for the Code lists) is a problem too, I think.  The INFO
> domain is registered with IANA, but the URL's are of the form
>
> e.g. info:lc/vocabulary/countries/af (for "Afghanistan")

(I just now encountered this thread; this was one of the early messages.)

I don't understand why you are citing this as a problem.

         info:lc/vocabulary/countries/af

is a legitimate URI. It is an identifier, identifying the country
Afganistan.

Theoretically the handle server (I don't think we have set this up yet)
recognizes it and converts it to cannonical HTTP URL form, something like
(don't quote me on this):

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.standards/vocabulary/countries/af

--Ray