Re: URI Template experience

From: Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:01:30 +0200
To: URI <uri@w3.org>
* Michael Burrows <asplake@googlemail.com> [2009-05-19 12:35]:
> The complexity is only an issue while there is a lack of good
> library implementations across languages.

Complexity is *always* an issue. Sweeping it under the library
rug is a mistake. Less code is *always* better, no matter how
limited the scale we are talking about. Even if users don’t
implement URI Templates themselves, they are still better off by
having smaller libraries available, and are empowered by having
the option of cheaply implementing one themselves. And in this
case, there isn’t even a trade-off to consider; the increased
simplicity actually yields a better solution by every other
metric as well, to my mind anyway.

Regards,