Re: URI for abstract concepts (domain, host, origin, site, etc.)

On 2009/06/27 3:36, Xiaoshu Wang wrote:

> Thus,
>
> "http://danbri.org/foaf.rdf#danbri" denotes a person.
> "http://danbri.org/foaf.rdf#(application/rdf+xml)danbri" denotes an RDF
> node.
> "http://danbri.org/foaf.rdf#(application/xhtml+xml)danbri" denotes an
> HTML element ided "danbri

I don't understand this. Why wouldn't I just use
    http://danbri.org/foo.html#danbri
or anything similar for HTML fragments? (I'm assuming that foaf.rdf
returns an application/rdf+xml documend, and foo.html returns an
application/xhtml+xml document; the extensions may be meaningless to the
protocol but help to keep things apart for humans and computers.)

Also, I don't see much of a need to denote an RDF node per se. I'm sure
there are special applications one can come up with where reasoning
about RDF nodes per se is helpful/necessary/whatever, but for such
cases, there are other techniques available already. A single special
property and blank nodes would do the job.

Regards,   Martin.