Re: URI for abstract concepts (domain, host, origin, site, etc.)

On Jun 26, 2009, at 11:03 AM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

> It still needs to fit into an element that can only accept a URI.

> If I end up using a URI I own and put the actual host information in
> the fragment as suggested, I end up with exactly the kind of
> solution I am trying to avoid which is making exceptions and
> defining well-known HTTP URIs that are treated differently.

They aren't being treated differently. The normal syntax for naming
something in RDF is a URI reference with a fragid attached. The use of
a fragID cancels any assumptions that the URIreference denotes
something connected with the HTTP protocol. This is how RDF manages to
refer to galaxies, chemical elements, people, etc.. Of course the bare
root URI connects to (and likely refers to) an http-located
information resource, but that need not interfere with the referents
of the URI references constructed from it.

Pat