Prime Number Encoding Databases

From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: uri@w3.org
Two and Three character abbreviations, e.g. a ccTLD, ISO3166 etc., are useful shorthand in URI's.  I developed a data base schema to assign code sets a 12 digit GUID, as well as a code page (for the set).  The GUID's are constructed from prime numbers and while they cover every possible code, they don't include every possible 12 digit number.  The GUID can be validated.

I had always planned to offer this under a "CC0" license, the point being that uri trees developed by this method would be in the Public Domain.  A GUID which does not validate as above, would be considered proprietary or offered under a restricted license.

see: http://rustprivacy.org/primeencoding.zip

I have (not yet posted) a world/country/region example, which allows for region entries where the code is a duplicate - eg. NL = Newfoundland or NL = Nuevo Leon (on different Code Pages).  I can map NAFTA, something the US Gov. can't do.  And I have a PERL script validator for GUID.

Anyone interested should download the zip file.

Gannon (J) Dick