RE: [hybi] [Uri-review] ws: and wss: schemes

From: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:15:09 +0200
To: "'Jamie Lokier'" <jamie@shareable.org>
Cc: "'David Booth'" <david@dbooth.org>, "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>, <uri-review@ietf.org>, <hybi@ietf.org>, <uri@w3.org>
 1.  Encouraging the user to enter a Web Sockets URL does not make sense if
cross-domain connections are not allowed, which I hope will be the case (the
draft specification [1] does not contain security considerations).

 2.  While we are at it, a Web Sockets connection is useless without knowing
the protocol, and the protocol to be used is not contained within the URL.
That means a ws URL is not self-contained and thus useless as a stand-alone
locator.

IMHO,
Chris

[1] <URL:http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/>