Re: URI Templates: done or dead?

Hi all,

While I was initially very enthousiast about this RFC, as also felt that
it was going too far and becoming too complex.

In our case, Restlet/Java framework, we have implemented a minimalistic
approach where URI templates are used for both formatting and parsing of
URIs. No encoding or decoding is done at the template level, we
preferred to handle all those aspects outside the template and to stick
to strings inserted or parsed.

If our approach could become the core/mandatory part of the RFC that
would make sure very happy. I'm not against having the other features
optional extension, but I'm not really convinced that they will help for
the adoption and homogeneity of implementations.

Best regards,
Jérôme Louvel
--
Restlet ~ Founder and Lead developer ~ http://www.restlet.org