Re: [whatwg] Proposing URI Templates for WebForms 2.0

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 11:14:52 +0100
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>, 'Ian Hickson' <ian@hixie.ch>, 'Jerome Louvel' <contact@noelios.com>, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, 'URI' <uri@w3.org>, 'REST Discuss' <rest-discuss@yahoogroups.com>

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Try what I did with hinclude <http://www.mnot.net/javascript/hinclude/>;
> write a javascript library to handle a declarative syntax, and have it
> gracefully degrade once the browsers handle it natively. If the markup
> is declarative, it doesn't matter if it's in HTML5 or not, you still can
> cater to unintended uses.

Speaking of which: that one (hinclude) is totally useful; and it would
also help with one of the cases Google's recent dictionary-based
compression proposal is for.

I'd totally be in favor to have something like this in HTML5 (and no,
others have asked for it as well).

BR, Julian