URI Templates and Acceptable Values

From: Ben Ramsey <benramsey.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:25:18 -0400
To: URI <uri@w3.org>

I've combed through the list and can't find whether this has been previously
discussed, so forgive me if I'm repeating something.

I know that you can use a URI template to define a default value for a parameter
(i.e. {foo=bar}), but has anyone discussed the use of a list of acceptable
values for a parameter?

Perhaps something like:

{foo=[bar,baz,qux]}

In this case, the only acceptable values for foo are bar, baz, and qux.
Implementors would determine how to handle unacceptable values.

If this has been discussed and decided against, what was the reasoning for
rejecting this idea?

--
Ben Ramsey
http://benramsey.com/