Re: Error handling in URIs

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:45:24 +0200
To: uri@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:

> you can now look and see if what the spec says is acceptable

Of course not, claiming that any IRI is an URI is patent nonsense.

URIs are specified in RFC 3986, not in RFC 3987.  And IRIs are
specified in RFC 3987, not in HTML5.  That's kind of what I said
already, and why I guess that HTML5 will never fly:  It tries to
reinvent the Web, if not the Internet.  And this is a Bad Thing.

 Frank