Re: Error handling in URIs

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 01:52:55 +0200
To: uri@w3.org

Tim Bray wrote:

> I'm not enthusiastic about writing standards unless there's
> an obvious pain point that needs to be addressed.

The IRI-bis draft has an improved classification of Unicode
code points, but as already noted elsewhere, it would make
sense to wait for IDNAbis for the really difficult point in
IRIs, the <ihost>.  And of course 3987bis (excl. "LEIRI")
should be promoted on standards track to "draft standard".

 Frank