Re: uri scheme proposal

hello.

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Erik Wilde wrote:
>> the "everything should be http" school of thought took notice very
>> quickly
>> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg00608.html
> Your interpretation of that article as "everything should be http"
> is odd.  I asked what the "resource" is in this proposal, and how
> it is different from hypothetical mjd: (for modified julian date),
> string: (for string length), or similar schemes.

i am sorry for misinterpreting you. you were writing on that there
should be something like "http://geourl.org" for locations, which looked
like the http prefix approach to me.

you also wrote that "It would be nice to have a 'common' way
to express geo locations in Web documents", and i fully agree to this.
my eventual goal is to have a geolocation syntax and semantics approach
for the web, and then make that available through a uri scheme, in http,
and in some content-oriented format. currently there is the expired
draft for uris

http://geouri.org/draft-mayrhofer-geo-uri-00.txt

and something different for embedding geolocation information in html

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-08.txt

and again something else for http

http://www3.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daviel-http-geo-header-05

but there is no common model.