Re: uri scheme proposal

From: Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:13:50 -0800
To: uri@w3.org

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Erik Wilde wrote:
>> the "everything should be http" school of thought took notice very
>> quickly
>> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg00608.html
> Your interpretation of that article as "everything should be http"
> is odd.  I asked what the "resource" is in this proposal, and how
> it is different from hypothetical mjd: (for modified julian date),
> string: (for string length), or similar schemes.

i am sorry for misinterpreting you. you were writing on that there
should be something like "http://geourl.org" for locations, which looked
like the http prefix approach to me.

you also wrote that "It would be nice to have a 'common' way
to express geo locations in Web documents", and i fully agree to this.
my eventual goal is to have a geolocation syntax and semantics approach
for the web, and then make that available through a uri scheme, in http,
and in some content-oriented format. currently there is the expired
draft for uris

and something different for embedding geolocation information in html

and again something else for http

but there is no common model.