geo: uri scheme proposal

Mark Baker wrote:
> The authors requested permanent registration which requires more
> review than does provisional registration.  Given the significant
> issues that have been raised with the draft, I think it's fine that it
> hasn't been registered yet.

just as a clarification: this comment probably refers to the geo:
scheme, which is something i had nothing to do with. it was proposed
last year

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg00607.html

and the "everything should be http" school of thought took notice very
quickly

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg00608.html

and as a fifth way of juggling prefixes
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2008Jan/0023.html already lists
geoloc:, http:, urn:, and info:, which all were proposed as candidates
for identifying geolocation resources), somebody suggested to use data:
uris because coordinates are data, i guess...

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg00610.html

cheers,

dret.