Re: URIs for the standard output and input streams

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 11:31:27AM +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> win on the cost basis ... one might want to define the std scheme as
> extensible by future revision, so that if the future suggests, for example,
> the use of file descriptors in URIs we might later get

I disagree, there is no reason that I can see why you should invent a
new scheme for this when plain old HTTP will do.

> std:fd/23

This doesn't make much sense. File descriptors are never refered to
using the "std" prefix like STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR. "POSIX" would make
more sense in this context, and hence why not just publish an RDF
profile that covers all POSIXy resources and use the HTTP URIs
associated with that profile?

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman