Re: Media Fragments Working Group at W3C

> From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:15:50 -0400
> To: Nicolas Krebs <nicolas1.krebs3@netcourrier.com>
> Cc: uri@w3.org

> Hello Nicolas,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "an other way".

It mean that the will-be-created "Media Fragments Working Group"
will create an other class/group of (uri) fragment identifier (as defined
by rfc 3986 section 3.5 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3.5 ),
after html fragment identifier
( http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/intro/intro.html#h-2.1.2 ),
XPointer fragment identifier ( http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/ ),
rfc 5147 fragment identifier ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5147 ).

> Do you suggest that the
> syntax for media fragments should be similar to the syntax used by
> text/plain?

No.

And i don't know if the rfc 5147 syntax would match/fit the (will-be-
published) requirements of the Media Fragments Working Group.

> Thank you for raising the attention of this list to the proposed charter
> for media fragment btw, that's something I should have I thought of.

(noticed)