RE: URI Templates - optional variables?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:53:45 -0400
To: "'Joe Gregorio'" <joe@bitworking.org>
Cc: "'URI'" <uri@w3.org>

Joe Gregorio wrote:
> The 'listjoin' operator, <&>, is the part of my proposal that
> I feel the least comfortable with, as it ends up introducing 'types'
> into the grammar.

I would argue that _everything_ can be represented by two types: strings and
lists of string; Everything else can be represented either in a string or a
list of strings (with the possible exception of dictionaries, but I won't go
there.)  Since these two types are so fundamental I'd argue they are both
worthy of inclusion.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/