Re: file: URIs without host

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:51:56 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, uri@w3.org

Dan Connolly scripsit:

> That case is why we have relative URI references; drop the scheme
> altogether if you want to refer to "nearby" things.
>
> If that won't work in this case, could you elaborate on why not?

IIUC, the problem is that there are two kinds of neighborhood here: the local file system
neighborhood and the local (= current) Web server neighborhood.  Unfortunately, it
isn't allowed to have separate base URIs for the file: and http: schemes.

--
John Cowan  <cowan@ccil.org>  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Micropayment advocates mistakenly believe that efficient allocation of