Re: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-02.txt

From: Michaeljohn Clement <mj@mjclement.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:48:21 -0800
To: URI <uri@w3.org>

A few minor suggestions:

>From the introduction:

    many common templating scenarios.  On the balance, the template
    processing is not Turing complete, thus avoiding a number of security
    issues, ala the billion-laughs attack of XML DTDs.

This reads a little odd, as not being Turing-complete is not sufficient
to avoid the attack.  (And DTDs are not Turing-complete either.)

In the ABNF I find the 'operator' production to be confusingly named,
especially since there is already an 'op' production.

How about 'opexpr', which would also better match the prose.

I think the names "opt" and "neg" will be hard to remember and don't
instantly convey what those operators do.  Perhaps "ifdef" and "undef"?
Those might be counterintuitive in regard to the empty-string behavior,
but they seem at least easier to remember.

I'd rather see "append" changed to "suffix" as well, for consistency
with "prefix".

--
Michaeljohn Clement