Re: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-02.txt

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:20:36 -0500
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Cc: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, Joe Gregorio <joe@bitworking.org>, URI <uri@w3.org>

James M Snell scripsit:

> For URI Templates they generally would be.  For IRI Templates, however,
> given that the whole point behind IRI's is to allow non-ascii characters
> to be used, it makes very little sense to limit the varname to the ASCII
> alphabet.  Allowing this does not make the template any harder to parse.

I may want to support IRI Templates in a language that supports Unicode
fine, but has a limited set of identifier names.  That argues for
limiting the space of variable names, and I don't see a compelling
argument in favor of it.

--
There is / One art                      John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
No more / No less                       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan