Re: Updated URI Template proposal

From: Joe Gregorio <joe@bitworking.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:50:35 -0500
To: URI <uri@w3.org>

One of the things I never made clear is that this proposal clears up
all the escaping issues and makes writing a parser very easy.
My working code uses the BNF to ensure that the BNF is correct, but
a simple implementation could get away with just splits, for example, in Python:

>>> "-op|arg|var1=def,var2=def2".split("|")
['-op', 'arg', 'var1=def,var2=def2']
['var1=def', 'var2=def2']
>>> [x.split("=") for x in _ if "=" in x]
[['var1', 'def'], ['var2', 'def2']]

   -joe

--
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org