Re: [Need advice] When to decode '+' to ' '?

Sure :) I hope it helps.

I'd say the general percent encoding rules in RFC 3986 are more for the
benefit of future URI scheme specs to make sure they're universally forward
and backward compatible. For example, if someone is coming up with a zzxcvb://
scheme, their spec needs to make sure it doesn't invent any oddball
percent-encoding rules or designate new characters as 'reserved'.

The underspecification of application/x-www-form-urlencoded has long been a
thorn in my side, particularly when it comes to standardizing the encoding
used as the basis for percent-encoding non-ASCII characters. XForms 2.0
is the first spec to say to use UTF-8, but that's too little, too late.

Mike