Re: JavaScript implementation of RFC 3986 / STD 66 URI ref resolution

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 09:07 -0700, Mike Brown wrote:
> Someone, perhaps from this list, was talking to me a while back about a
> JavaScript implementation of RFC 3986 sec. 5.2 (URI reference resolution to
> absolute form) and the subtask of splitting a URI ref into its major
> components.  IIRC they were basing it on my implementation in 4Suite (Python)
> and they had to work around some cross-browser RegExp engine issues.
>
> I've just come across a need for a JavaScript implementation, myself, and have
> run into those same issues. It's one of those "works great in Firefox, too bad
> about IE" situations, although I'm pretty sure I can work around it.  I'd like
> to draw upon prior art, though, if possible.  Google turns up nothing offhand.
> Anyone have a working-in-IE JavaScript implementation I could take a look at?

Have you seen this one? I'm not sure if it works in IE.
  http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/uri.js

but it comes with tests.
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/test/uri-test-doc.html

See also
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/UriTesting

> Thanks
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E