RE: URI registries and schemes

Mike Schinkel writes:

> But you don’t have:
> 4.) Is not a document (i.e. is a 'thing')

I can't speak for the rest of the TAG on this.  Indeed, as I've suggested
before, I think this is better discussed on www-tag, where other members
of the TAG and others interested in httpRange14 can chime in.  Speaking
for myself, I'm not so sure. There are quite a variety of "things" that
would not pass the "is it an IR?" test.  Once we start making codes for
"it's not an IR", do we need subcodes for "it's got mass"?  Is a book,
which is  a physical object that contains or conveys an information
resource interestingly different from a rock?  I don't want to debate all
that here.  I'm just saying that I personally don't feel that I understand
well enough what people would want to know about the nature of a resource
that isn't an IR.  So, I personally am in no rush to hatch to status
codes, but others may disagree,

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street