RE: URIs & Namespaces

Eric:

For what it is worth, I completely agree with your thoughts regarding the
use of URLs to identify place names and have similar interests. As a matter
of fact, I've been wanting to develop a process to cultivate and maintain a
global list of URLs for placenames has been a goal of mine for several years
now.  I'd love to discuss your needs and use cases and tell you about my
ideas perchance we may be able to collaborate on a mutually beneficial
solution.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blog/

P.S. I'm also saddened by the many who take the position Mr. Gilman takes
that nothing short of the "100% perfection" of RDF is acceptable. If that
attitude were taken regarding the still less-than perfect HTML, we'd never
been able to benefit from the explosion that has been the web.