Re: Feedback on draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00

URI Templates are primarily designed to go the other way (e.g. starting
with the {a}{b} and working to the "fredbarney".  Parsing a URI to
determine the values of the parameters has generally been out of scope.
 It's certainly possible to do (I've implemented it, in fact) but doing
so requires that each token be associated with a regex pattern that
extracts out the necessary bits.

- James