Re: Feedback on draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00

James M Snell schrieb:
> The underlying question is whether the the template processor is
> responsible for performing the escaping or whether the application
> providing the values is responsible.

Yes.

> The difference ends up being very important. In the current draft, a
> replacement value can span multiple segments. i.e.,

Well, the current draft IMHO is ambiguous, see
<http://bitworking.org/projects/URI-Templates/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00.html#rfc.section.4.2.p.2>:

"If the value of a template variable would conflict with a reserved
character's purpose as a delimiter, then the conflicting data must be
percent-encoded before substitution."

So that IMHO needs to be clarified.

Independently of this, I don't think you can get away without stating
how non-ASCII characters need to be escaped....

Best regards, Julian