Re: Feedback on draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00

Hey Julian,

Yeah, this actually came up in our own discussions prior to publishing
the draft.  The point that the spec is trying to make is that invalid
characters MUST be percent encoded before performing the replacement so
rather than replacing {a} with the literal "fred barney" you'd replace
it with the literal "fred%20barney".  This should ensure that no
additional processing of the URI is necessary after performing the
template expansion.

- James