Re: Rolled up Feedback on draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00

On Nov 9, 2006, at 8:48 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Marc Hadley wrote:
>> Actually the use case was server side. The commentator wanted to
>> use URI templates to deploy code that would be executed when a
>> request was made on a matching URI.
>
> So construct the matching URI space such that the template variables
> are bordered by reserved characters.  There is no need to require it
> of all templates.

Right. The commentator just wanted to be able to write some code that
would work for any URI template and discovered that wasn't possible
without the requested restriction. I think a warning/note in the spec
about this wouldn't go amiss.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>