Re: http-urls style, trailing slash and webdav

Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:

> Julian Reschke schrieb:

>>> According to rfc2518 only collection resources are referenced in the
>>> containing collection with a trailing slash. I guess some webdav
>>> clients would see only directories.
>>
>> Yep. I was referring to collections only.
> Webdav collections necessarily do, but what's about get-dereferenceable
> resource, which are or may become superordinate to others (such as
> "myproject" and "documentation of myproject", or "myimage" and
> "thumbnail of myimage". In the mail starting this thread [1] I mentioned
> why i thought that it would be bad style to end get- dereferenceable
> with slash (not as bad as http://ex.org/cgi-bin/foo.pl?artid=9876876 :-).

WebDAV has no problem with collections being GET-dereferencable. It also
has no problems with a resource "a" being GET-deferencable, later being
replaced by "a/" being both GET-deferencable and being a collection.

So I guess I still don't understand the problem.

Viele Grüße, Julian