RE: URI and IRI Templating (What did I get myself into?)

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:39:19 -0500
To: "'Joe Gregorio'" <joe@bitworking.org>
Cc: "'Mark Nottingham'" <mnot@mnot.net>, <uri@w3.org>

I was confused.  When you said:

> enc="strict"
>   All characters outside (iprivate | iunreserved) are % encoded

I was thinking "All characters" meant all characters in the URI Template,
not in the variable (Doh!).  But still, maybe this would be clearer?

 enc="strict"
   All characters of variable's value outside (iprivate | iunreserved) are %
encoded

> > 1.) Proposed additions to URI Templates
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2006Dec/0010.html
>
> For the time being I am concentrating on getting past the
> character encoding issues.

Thanks.  Just glad to know it didn't go into the spam bucket.

-Mike