RE: URNs for personal documents?

While
       tag:felix.klee@inka.de,2006:...
is longer than
       urn:urn-6:a...

by 10 characters, readers of your text documents are likely
to appreciate the implicit metadata, especially if they
come across the reference some time after you've moved on
from maintaining your resolution service. It gives a clue.

And the result scales -- everyone could use 'tag' for their
privateIDs (although it's better if you have a short email
address), while the URN registry would be a mess if everyone
applied for a URN namespace for their personal collection
of documents.

Surely scalability is an important characteristic of any
recommended practice.

Larry