"where it says" URIs -- now running code

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:53:45 -0400
To: uri@w3.org

[this message is a re-send of
http://www.w3.org/mid/p06110403bf4de54315d8@%5B10.0.1.2%5D ]

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I made a plea for a URI form that
would compose document identification with text-search within the
document.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990909043116/http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/web-access/wis_rfc.html

It finally dawned on me, having belatedly come around to using the
site: modifier in Google searches, that the site: qualifier can be
carried to "ridiculous lengths" to generate a URI that yields a
summary of the cited resource focused on the other search terms.

For example, here is a URI that works as a good bibiligraphic
reference to "the 'frontmatter' concept as it is used in the Standard
Talking Book markup vocabulary."

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:http://www.niso.org/standards/resources/Z39-86-2002.html+frontmatter

Al