Re: Status of Hansen draft on URI registration?

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 09:49 -0400, Weibel,Stu wrote:
> Apologies if I¢m asking a question for which the answer is well known,
> but can anyone provide an update on the status of the Hansen draft for
> URI registrations?

I don't know the answer, but I know where to look it up.
I'm not surprised you don't know where to look it up;
the IETF vastly undersells this service... I guess
it's partly an ISOC service.

The ISOC keeps a persistent URI for each Internet Draft;
in this case:

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines/

and it has a link to the IETF "datatracker" entry, where we see:

In State: Waiting for AD Go-Ahead :: Revised ID Needed
as of2005-09-07

> Is there a projection concerning the timeline for approval?

The critical path seems to be down to the IESG and the editors.
Based on experience, I expect they'll finish somewhere between
two weeks and 4 months from now, but I'm not aware of any
upper bound on how long the process can take from here to
Proposed Standard.

The tracker entry has links to various "state explanations" and such...
I think I once found a page showing the IESG queue, i.e. a list
of all the things pending before the IESG, what state they were
in, and how long they had been in that state. From that you
could project when draft-hansen will be done, if you can find it.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E